Don’t judge me. The one thing that I really looked forward to this week was to finally see the movie “No Other Woman.” I’m too exhausted studying for the finals so it’s such a relief to have something to keep my mind away off from acads.
I know that it will be the usual formulaic Filipino romantic film – this time about married couples and a querida that gets in between them. But still, it’s worth taking the risk. After all, Anne Curtis stars in it. Her allure never fails. And of course, who would forget the fantastic one liners and quotable quotes that have been the talk of the town since the trailer was released? The wit behind the lines inspired people to impersonate and have their own monologues. I admit that I was one of those who succumbed.
So glad that I’ve finally watched it earlier. As the movie rolled, my friends had been badgering me to tweet the one liners as they were being thrown by the characters. Sadly, I can’t simultaneously tweet and keep track of all of them because almost every scene has one. So instead, I decided to blog it. So yeah, here’s a rundown of the lines that really got the audience perked up (well at least those that I could remember) Also, forgive me for the side comments I placed at the end of each one. Hahaha!
Anne Curtis: (as the sophisticated and seductive playgirl / heiress Kara Zalderiaga)
- I know the market, because I AM the market. (Ikaw na!)
- No pressure. Just shut up and kiss me. And don’t you dare fall in love with me. (Taray!)
- I’m not a mistress. I never was and I never will be one. (Fine.)
- A woman will only be a mistress if there’s an emotional attachment. (In fairness, tama.)
- Paano mo naman malalaman na masarap pala pag di mo titikman? Kahit alam mong bawal, labanan mo cos’ eventually your body will just get used to it. (She has a point.)
- You can call me anything you want: a snake, a bitch, an other woman. But I will never be a pathetic, boring housewife. (Oha! Say mo?)
- Ano ang gagawin ninyo if the only man you love is unfortunately married? I am not gonna give up Ram without putting a goddamn fight! (sabay tapon ng wine glass. Loved this scene.)
- When you see a big empty space, that’s when you realize you’re alone.😦
- Your wife? (with highest level of mockery, sabay twitch ng lips. Achieve!!)
- Bikini mo ba iyan o balat mo? (referring to Anne’s snake-skin swimwear)
- Baka makita mo pang nilalagyan ko ng lason ang pagkain mo. Joke lang. Medyo off yung humor ko lately. (Scary.)
- Mababaliw siguro ako kapag nalaman kong may babae siya. Baka mapatay ko iyong kabit. Silang dalawa, actually. (Scarier.)
- Alam mo kasi ang marriage parang exclusive village. Kailangan mong bantayan para hindi makapasok ang mga squatters. (Tapang!)
- Why don’t you have dinner with us tonight? Pa-thank you ko na rin dahil kinuha mo ang asawa ko… bilang supplier ng furtinure sa resort niyo. (Ahh, may karugtong pala)
- The way to a man’s heart is through his stomach. Pero sa ganda mong iyan, siguradong marami kang alam na shortcuts. (Pak!)
- Ano bang mas madaling kalaban, yung p*tang mahirap o yung p*tang mayaman? (Hmm, ano nga ba?)
- Hindi ako to! Pero ginagawa ko to para sayo! (Ouch. :( )
- Kung ahas siya mas ahas ako! Tahimik pero kapag kinanti – nanunuklaw! (Hissssss)
- Naku. Ganyan talaga kapag galing sa makating dikya, nagmamarka. (Referring to a kiss mark on Derek’s neck)
- Ang mundo ay isang malaking Quiapo. Maraming snatcher. Maagawan ka. Lumaban ka! (Fierce!)
- Panahon na para i-pack-up ‘yang si Lucy Torres mo. Ilabas mo na diyan si Gretchen Barretto. Sabi nga niya sa Magkaribal, ‘You want war? I’ll give you war.’ Anak, ako na ang bahala sa red stilettos mo! (Kabog!)
- Pare-parehong p*ta lang iyon! Yung p*tang mayaman, original ang Hermes. Yung mahirap, binili sa Greenhills. (This got the best laugh from the audience)
All in all, the film delivered. Props to the acting, direction, cinematography, and of course, the writing. The twist was kind of expected though. Almost perfect. Still, I’m gonna watch it again next week! :)) Will try to add more to this list.
P.S. Here’s Anne Curtis’s three-cover edition for Rogue October 2011. To say that this is gorgeous, hot and stunning all at the same time remains an understatement.